Staying safe when visiting our building
The safety and wellbeing of everyone visiting our building is of paramount importance to us. Find out what we are doing to provide a safe space to learn and socialise.
Before your visit
Please do not come to the Institute if you have tested positive for Covid-19 in the past 10 days or are displaying any of the following symptoms:
• A high temperature
• A new, continuous cough
• A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
We ask visitors who live in the same household as someone with Covid-19 to refrain from attending the Institute if their household member has been identified as a suspected or confirmed case of the Omicron variant of Covid-19. This also applies if you are not fully vaccinated and live within the same household as someone who has tested positive for Covid-19.
If you are booked to attend an in-person course, workshop or talk, please call us on 01483 562142 to speak to a member of our staff team who will be happy to assist.
During your visit
To respect and be considerate of other visitors to the building, we request that you:
• Wear a face covering when moving around public areas of our building and when seated during lecture-style classes (please note, exclusions apply for practical exercise classes and when eating in V Café).
• Follow our one-way system.
What we’re doing to keep you safe
• Our staff team wear face coverings when outside of the office and interacting with visitors.
• Hand sanitiser is available in common areas of the building.
• Each room is sanitised between uses.
• We provide ventilation in our rooms by keeping the windows open and, where possible, doors.
• From Spring 2022, we will have classes of no more than 25 people in the Studio and Old Billiard Room, with 12 people maximum in the Lecture Room. Our hybrid and online courses will continue to offer flexibility to our attendees and members.
If you would like further information on the measures we are taking, our Covid-19 risk assessment is available to read.