On the second floor, the Lecture Room offers fantastic views over Guildford and is a comfortable space, with a capacity of up to 25 people. This room is regularly used for meetings and seminars.
|Standard Users||Registered Charity|
|Day (9am to 5pm)||152||115|
|Half Day/Evening (up to 4 hours)||92||71|
|Session (up to 2.5 hours)||59||43|
New offer for 2021: Hire our camera and microphone equipment to host hybrid meetings (for up to 10 people) for just £35 per day.
Flipchart, Paper and Pens
Standard Users – £13
Charities – £10
Digital Projector & Screen
|Digital Projector and Screen:||£||£|
|Per half day||35||25|
|Per 2.5 hour session||20||15|
|Per half day||25||18|
|Per 2.5 hour session||15||11|
- In the event of a cancellation the Institute reserves the right to charge a 25% cancellation fee. In the event of a cancellation with less than 7 days’ notice, the Institute will charge the full cost to the hirer.
- The Hirer(s) must leave the room tidy and depart at the agreed time. Please note that the room will be available and setup from the agreed start time on the booking form issued by the Institute.
- The Hirer(s) is/are responsible for any damage to Institute property incurred because of their usage. Please do not affix items to the walls.
- The Institute reserves the right to change the room booked for an alternative and will inform the Hirer(s) of this in advance where possible.
- All alcohol consumed on the premises must be purchased from the Institute to comply with the licensed premises regulations. Alcohol may not be served after 10.30pm; there is a 30-minute ‘drinking up’ time. Food and drink must not be consumed in the meeting rooms, unless with prior consent.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden on the premises. Matches, candles etc. may not be used.
- Please notify the Institute if you intend to play live or recorded music, DVD, CD, film, etc., as a fee will be levied on behalf of the Performing Rights Society. This fee is currently set, by the Performing Rights Society, at £11.88 (£9.90 + VAT) per session.
- All portable electrical equipment owned by the Institute is tested on a regular basis. If you intend to bring in your own electrical equipment, please make sure that this is certified as having been tested during the last 12 months.
- The Institute does not accept responsibility for any personal possessions brought on to the premises. Please ensure that you safeguard your valuables.
- Hirers are responsible for obtaining all necessary permissions (e.g. DBS checks) required to run their activities, as well as appropriate insurance. Please contact a member of staff if you require any further clarification.
- Due to staffing levels, we are not able to guarantee first aid support – particularly at evenings and weekends. There will always be someone on hand who can telephone the emergency services if required.
- In proceeding with the hire of one of the Institute’s meeting rooms, hirers agree to the payment terms of 30 day’s following receipt of invoice. Failure to pay the agreed amount during the 30-day period may result in further charges being levied.
Special Conditions of Hire during COVID-19:
1. Hirers will be responsible for ensuring those attending their activity comply with the COVID-19 Secure Guidelines (Annex 1 – Staying-COVID-19-Secure) while entering and occupying the building, as shown on the attached poster which is also displayed at the entrance.
2. Hirers undertake to comply with the actions identified in the Guildford Institute’s risk assessment, of which you have been provided with a copy (see Annex 2 – COVID-19 Risk Assessment).
3. The surfaces and high-touch areas in the room will be cleaned before the arrival of all room hirers and after their departure.
4. Hirers will make sure that everyone likely to attend their activity or event understands that they MUST NOT DO SO if they or anyone in their household has had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 7 days and that, if they develop symptoms within 7 days of visiting the premises, they are advised to use the NHS Test and Trace system to alert others with whom they have been in contact.
5. Hirers will keep the premises well ventilated throughout their hire, with windows and doors open as far as convenient.
6. Hirers are encouraged to wear a face covering when moving throughout the public areas of the building.
7. Hirers will ensure that everyone attending observes the one-way system within the premises and, as far as possible, consider social distancing of 1m plus mitigation measures when using more confined or busy areas.
8. Hirers are encouraged to sign into the building using the NHS Test and Trace system.
9. Hirers are asked to keep a record of the name and contact telephone number or email of all those who attend their event for a period of 21 days after the event and provide the record to NHS Track and trace if required.
10. The Guildford Institute has the right to close the building if there are safety concerns relating to COVID-19, for example, if someone who has attended the hall develops symptoms and thorough cleansing is required or if it is reported that these ‘Special Conditions of Hire’ are not being complied with, whether by a hirer or in the event that public buildings are required to close again. If this is necessary, we will do our best to inform all hirers promptly and there will be no charge for this hire.