Top 5 Tips to Create the Perfect Advent Ring
As we are all spending more time at home and the festive season draws closer, what better way to keep busy than to create a beautiful advent ring that you can proudly display? Ahead of her online course on Monday 30 November, local florist Jennifer Thompson shares her top tips to help you make the perfect festive flower display!
Jennifer’s top tips:
1. Use seasonal foliage and make sure it has had a good drink of water before you start work.
2. Cut the stems at 45º to give a larger surface area to drink water.
3. For added interest, choose foliage with different textures.
4. Save money on a candle holder and make your own from cocktail sticks or coffee stirrers.
5. Once you have created your advent ring, keep the foliage fresh by misting with water.
We would love to see your festive flower creations! If you have a go at making your own advent ring, take a picture and tag @guildfordinstitute on Instagram.
Don’t forget, Jennifer will be hosting her online seasonal flower arranging workshop on Monday 30 November. She will provide step-by-step guidance so that you end up with an advent ring to be proud of! Find out more and book your place.