The aim of this Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Statement is to communicate the commitment of the Trustees and Staff of The Guildford Institute to the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion across all of its activities.
The Guildford Institute operates as a business and a charity in line with all current legislation (and all associated amendments).
It is our policy to provide an inclusive environment to all, irrespective of:
- Gender or gender reassignment
- Marital or civil partnership status
- Pregnancy, maternity or parental status
- Race (including colour, caste, nationality, ethnic or national origin)
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
We are fundamentally opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination including direct and/or indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
This equal opportunities policy will be implemented across all aspects of the organisation’s work, including:
- the appointment of members to its Board of Trustees
- the appointment of staff members, their conditions of service and employment procedures
- the selection and treatment of volunteers
- all dealings with the public and service users
Intrinsic to our charitable purpose is the underpinning ideal that Membership and use of The Guildford Institute will be open to all.
We recognise that the promotion of equal opportunities in our workplace is not only good management practice; it also makes sound business sense.