Old Billiard Room
Visitors love our Old Billiard Room with its elegant architecture and framed prints of old Guildford on the walls. We can seat 35 people in a lecture layout, or 20 in a boardroom or cabaret setting.
|Standard Users||Registered Charity|
|Day (9am to 5pm)||149||113|
|Half Day/Evening (up to 4 hours)||90||69|
|Session (up to 2.5 hours)||58||42|
Flipchart, Paper and Pens
Standard Users – £13
Charities – £10
Digital Projector & Screen
|Digital Projector and Screen:||£||£|
|Per half day||35||25|
|Per 2.5 hour session||20||15|
|Per half day||25||18|
|Per 2.5 hour session||15||11|
- In the event of a cancellation the Institute reserves the right to charge a 25% cancellation fee. In the event of a cancellation with less than 7 days’ notice, the Institute will charge the full cost to the hirer.
- The Hirer(s) must leave the room tidy and depart at the agreed time. Please note that the room will be available and setup from the agreed start time on the booking form issued by the Institute.
- The Hirer(s) is/are responsible for any damage to Institute property incurred because of their usage. Please do not affix items to the walls.
- The Institute reserves the right to change the room booked for an alternative and will inform the Hirer(s) of this in advance where possible.
- All alcohol consumed on the premises must be purchased from the Institute to comply with the licensed premises regulations. Alcohol may not be served after 10.30pm; there is a 30-minute ‘drinking up’ time. Food and drink must not be consumed in the meeting rooms, unless with prior consent.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden on the premises. Matches, candles etc. may not be used.
- Please notify the Institute if you intend to play live or recorded music, DVD, CD, film, etc., as a fee will be levied on behalf of the Performing Rights Society. This fee is currently set, by the Performing Rights Society, at £11.88 (£9.90 + VAT) per session.
- All portable electrical equipment owned by the Institute is tested on a regular basis. If you intend to bring in your own electrical equipment, please make sure that this is certified as having been tested during the last 12 months.
- The Institute does not accept responsibility for any personal possessions brought on to the premises. Please ensure that you safeguard your valuables.
- Hirers are responsible for obtaining all necessary permissions (e.g. DBS checks) required to run their activities, as well as appropriate insurance. Please contact a member of staff if you require any further clarification.
- Due to staffing levels, we are not able to guarantee first aid support – particularly at evenings and weekends. There will always be someone on hand who can telephone the emergency services if required.
- In proceeding with the hire of one of the Institute’s meeting rooms, hirers agree to the payment terms of 30 day’s following receipt of invoice. Failure to pay the agreed amount during the 30-day period may result in further charges being levied.